Go Back to Home Page Any Suggestion Email to info@guardianangeldrivingschool.com Frequently Ask Questions
Program Outline (Demo Mode Chapter 1)
  1.1   License Classes
     Chapter 1 Quiz

There are ten different license classes and are as follows:

  • Class A (commercial license)
  • Class A Fire Fighter (commercial license)
  • Class A Noncommercial
  • Class B (commercial license)
  • Class B Fire Fighter (commercial license)
  • Class B Noncommercial
  • Class M1 (motorcycle license may be obtained only after passing law and skill test for any other license class).
  • Class M2 (motorized bicycle, moped, or bicycle with an attached motor license may be obtained only after passing law and skill test for any other license class).
  • Class C (basic license)

You will be applying for a Basic Class C driver license.  With this license you may drive:

  • Any 2 axle vehicle with a GVWR of 26,000 lbs. or less.
  • Any 3 axle vehicle weighing 6,000 lbs. or less gross.
  • Any housecar 40 feet long or less.
  • A vanpool vehicle, designed to carry more than 10 but less than 15 persons including the driver.  The driver must have a valid medical card on file and a signed certification stating that he/she has not been convicted of reckless driving, drunk driving, or hit-and-run driving in the last five years.

You may tow:

  • A single vehicle with a GVWR of 10,000 lbs. or less including a tow dolly, if used
  • A boat trailer provided the GCWR does not exceed 26,000 lbs. when the towing is for recreational purposes or repair, is not used in commerce or contract carrier operations, or in business, is not for hire, and does not require an oversize permit.

With a vehicle weighing at least 4,000 lbs., you may tow a:

  • Trailer coach or fifth wheel travel trailer weighing under 10,000 lbs.  GVWR when towing in not for compensation.
  • Fifth wheel travel trailer exceeding 10,000 lbs. but under 15,000 lbs. GVWR, when towing is not for compensation and with endorsement

Class C licensees may not tow more than one vehicle. 

Note:  Beginning January 1, 2005, a Class C license is required to operate a motorized scooter.

 GuardianAngelDrivingSchool.com © 2006